Having PH can make you tired and lethargic. This may make it more difficult to do ‘normal’, everyday things. Here are some tips to help make life a little easier.
- Where possible, avoid bending, lifting or overstretching when doing housework.
- Use a lighter vacuum cleaner and iron.
- Do jobs sitting down where possible – a kitchen stool can really help.
- If your duvet is heavy, consider buying a lighter one.
- Use extra pillows to raise your head and make it easier to breathe.
- If you use an oxygen concentrator, consider putting it outside the bedroom to avoid the noise disturbing you.
- After a bath, open windows before the house becomes too humid.
- Have chairs ready for places where you stand (eg, shaving or applying make-up).
- Slightly larger clothes can be less tiring to put on and take off.
- Put on a bathrobe straight after a bath or shower to avoid having to towel yourself dry.
- If bending down to put your shoes on is difficult, use a long-handled shoehorn.
Out and about
- Plan ahead to avoid having to rush.
- Consider asking for a wheelchair.
- If you drive, carry spare medication in the car.
These are just some small ways to make your life easier. These have been passed on to us by people with PH. If you have any helpful tips that really work for you, let us know by contacting us.