Coronavirus and Pulmonary Hypertension Coronavirus Advice Hub

Help if you are shielding

Updated 21st May 2020

Depending on where you live, there may be Government help available if you are self-isolating due to a health condition (known as ‘shielding’).

If you live in England: You may be able to receive help with food, shopping and additional care needs. Register for this help here. You can register for yourself, or on behalf of someone else.

If you live in Scotland: Support is being co-ordinated via individual local authorities. You’ll find a list of contacts to arrange shielding support here

If you live in Northern Ireland: A freephone helpline and email service to help those in vulnerable groups to access information, advice and guidance has been set up. Call 0808 802 0020 or email You can also text ACTION to 81025. For more information on this service click here

You can now register for priority online food delivery in Northern Ireland. Click here

If you live in Wales: Advice for people shielding in Wales can be found by clicking here

A Government food parcel received by a PHA UK member in England

Last medically reviewed: May, 2020 • Due for review: May, 2023