We are the only charity in the UK dedicated to supporting people affected by the rare disease pulmonary hypertension (PH).
Our national support network helps patients, their family and carers and NHS professionals too – and we are committed to our values of integrity, hope and influence.
From its launch in the year 2000, the PHA UK has now grown to almost 4,500 members. Our community is like no other; a unique group of people committed to supporting each other and raising awareness of this serious condition in the hope of one day, finding a cure.
What we do
- We support people affected PH to enjoy a better quality of life
- We raise awareness of PH to encourage understanding and earlier diagnosis
- We provide research grants to academic and healthcare professionals to improve the way PH is treated and managed
- We carry out our own research to understand the needs of people affected by PH
- We organise our own training for healthcare professionals to obtain the specialist skills required to treat people with PH
- We provide a platform for the patient voice to be heard loud and clear
Our wide range of printed resources are all available for free and new titles are always being developed.
We also keep members informed and connected via our quarterly magazine, Emphasis, and organise education and social events to bring the PH community together.