Other sources of help

In addition to the help and support provided from the government in the form of benefits, there are several charities that help people with pulmonary hypertension (PH). The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA UK) provide some small grants to people with PH. Contact us to find out more information.


Motability is a charity scheme that helps people who are receiving the highest rate for the mobility component of their disability living allowance (DLA). The money can be used to get:

  • a car, mobility scooter, or powered wheelchair
  • driving lessons
  • adaptations to your car.

For more information, visit the motability website.

If your child has PH

Contact a Family is a charity providing support for families with children who have PH and other disabling conditions. For more details, visit the Contact a Family website or call their freephone helpline on 0808 808 3555.

The Family Fund is a government-funded charity that provides grants to families on low incomes with severely disabled children. If your child is entitled to DLA, you may be eligible for a grant. For more details, visit The Family Fund website, or call them on 0845 130 4542.